Setup Juniper Geode On An Android Device
Since Diamond Maps is a browser-based application, you have to enable an Android feature called "Mock Locations" to allow your browser to communicated with external devices .
1. Turn on your Geode. Go to your Settings screen on your phone/tablet and navigate to Bluetooth settings (usually listed under "Connections"). You should find your Geode listed as one of the available connections. Select it from the list to pair your device with the Geode.
2. Download and install Geode Connect from the Google Play store. This is an app published by Juniper System.
3. Start the Geode Connect app if it is not already running.
4. Inside the Geode Connect App: Tap on the Three line in the upper-right and select "App Settings".
5. Check the box next to "Enable Mock Location Provider" and then tap the Save button in the lower-right corner.
6. On your device's Settings screen select "Developer Options". If you don't see Developer Options on your Settings menu then you may have to enable this option by doing the following: Go to Settings > About > Software Info. Locate the "Build Number" and tap it 7 times. Now you should see "Developer Options" on your main Settings screen. Select this new option.
7. On the Developer Options screen click on "Select mock location app". Select "Geode Connect".
8. Go to Settings > General > Lock Screen and Security > Locations > Scanning > and turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth Scanning. On some versions of Android this is equivalent to finding the setting called "Location Method" and setting it to "Device Only". These steps assures that the phone's advanced features don't interfere with the Mock Locations feature.
9. In the Geode Connect app, tap up top where it says "No Device" and select your Geode from the list. The blue light on the Geode should light up. Confirm that it is connected to the Geode as indicated by the presence of Latitude/Longitude coordinates displayed in Geode Connect.
Do the following each time you want to use the GPS
10. Make sure Geode Connect app is on and running.
11. Open your map and press the yellow GPS button on the right side of your screen. This should place a yellow circle at your location on the map. If this doesn't work you may need to change the security settings on your device.
12. Lastly it is important to confirm that your device is using the Geode for its location source in place of the device's on-board GPS. To test this, lay Geode on the ground and walk away from the Geode with your device about 15 feet to see if it follows you. If the yellow dot stays stationary on the screen then you are ready to go. If the dot moves with you then your device is still using it's on-board GPS. Try powering off your device and then back on.
The Geode can also be used with the Diamond Maps Offline app. See here for setup instructions. While the offline app is not as functional, it is a lot easier to setup for GPS.
Click Here for more GPS setup instructions