Table of Contents
Setup GPS in Offline Map
For more about the Diamond Maps Offline app Click Here.
The offline version of Diamond Maps is not as functional as the main browser version, however, it is able to communicate directly with external Bluetooth GPS devices eliminating the complicated "Mock Locations" setup instructions required by the browser version. Here is how you do that.
1. If you haven't done so already, click here for instructions on downloading and setting up the Offline app. The app is currently only available for Android devices.
2. If you haven't done so already you need to pair your GPS with your device. To do this first turn on the GPS device, then navigate to your Bluetooth settings on your phone/tablet and you should see the GPS listed as an available connection. Select it to pair with it.
3. Open your map in the Offline app, click Menu, then click GPS Status.
4. Click in the "GPS Source" box and select your GPS device from the list.
5. You should immediately start seeing coordinates on the status screen. Close the status screen to start tracking your location and marking points.
Important: If your Bluetooth compatible GPS comes with an app (such as GNSS Status, Eos Tools Pro, GNSS Connect, or Bluetooth GPS) then this app must NOT be running.