We work with a lot of map makers who are looking for a simpler delivery mechanism for handing off their product to their customers.
For example, a sewer inspection company might want to deliver a color coded and interactive map to their customer showing the state of each asset along with pictures.
Or an engineering company might GPS map a water system's valves, meters, and hydrants and deliver it to the customer as a turn-key GIS.
Why Service Companies Like To Deliver Their Products In Diamond Maps
- Customers Want It: The reason many of our partners came to us in the first place is because one of their customers learned about our software and now wants you to make them them a map to go with it. Diamond Maps can definitely increase the appeal of your services to smaller municipalities who don't have GIS experience.
Price: Whether you are buying GIS software for the customer or the customer is buying it themselves,
the software is perceived as part of the total project cost.
Traditional GIS software is about $1,300 per seat plus $400/yr maintenance. Diamond Maps is $0 up front and $228/yr.
For more about billing options see Partner Types
- Easy Delivery: When you are ready to deliver your project to the customer you just add the customer's email address as a user and email them a link. No software to install and no data or pictures to transfer to the customer's computers. For a video and more information about this hand-off process see Sub Accounts.
- Less Training: Many partners have told us that using Diamond Maps has significantly shortened if not eliminated the training they use to do for customers. The Diamond Maps video training library is a big reason for that.
- Shared Access: Both you and the customer share a live view of the map. This makes it easy to provide ongoing maintenance on these layers or to create additional layers. Some partners will even give the customer access to the map while they are in the process of making it so that the customer can monitor the progress, provide feedback, or start taking action on your findings.
- In-House GIS Software: Some of our partners continue to use their existing GIS software to make their maps and then use Diamond Maps to deliver them to the customer. However, others use Diamond Maps exclusively for every step of the map making process. DM is especially strong in the field data collection phase making it possible for sever people to gather points, log notes, and take picture all at the same time while someone back at the office can watch their progress live.