Business Partner Types
BusinessPartners / PartnerTypes
We classify our business partners into two types.
Most of our partners are setup as a Map Maker partner where the customer pays for their own usage.
- All newly created customer accounts are free for the first 30 days. See Sub Accounts for a description of how to manage a customer's maps and users.
- We contact the customer directly after you have setup the account and give them pricing options and instructions on using their new map
- Near the end of the 30 days we ask the customer if they would like to subscribe to the service so they can continue using it.
- If the customer decides NOT to pay their subscription then the account simply expires (although we are very gracious with trial period extensions)
- If a customer account expires, the partner can simply move the map back into their main account so that nothing is lost and it can still be accessed by internal staff.
- We provide email support to both you and your customers.
- A variation of this is where the partner purchases the first year of the subscription for the customer. Then after that period is over we start billing the customer directly.
- This type of partnership appeals to partners who want a clean handoff of their maps to the customer without having to be concerned with ongoing software billing or support
These partners also make maps, however this is a less common partnership type characterized by the fact that we bill the partner for the users on their accounts
- We bill the partner at a wholesale rate that is discounted based on number of users.
- The partner may choose to either bill the customer for this usage or bundle it in with other products and services
- We bill the partner monthly for the number of users registered in the system during the prior month. The partner has full control over adding and removing users from their customer accounts.
- You only pay for the user-months that you use with no minimum period. For example, you could add a customer as a user on an account for just one month so that the customer can monitor your project status and you only pay us for that one month.
- We provide email support to both you and your customers
This type of partnership appeals to partners who
- have a constantly changing number of users,
- are interested in a small recuring revenue stream,
- or want to be seen as more of a turn-key GIS services provider.